Penis cancer or penile cancer is a disease occurring in men.
1. The type of treatment and cure, and medications depend on which stage the cancer is, the size of the tumor, etc.
2. A multidisciplinary team works together to treat penile cancer that includes a surgeon, a urologist for urinary tract problems, a medical oncologist, and a radiation oncologist.
3. For penile cancer, surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy is done.
4. Surgery includes different types, such as laser therapy can be done for early-stage penile cancer. A very powerful beam of light is used to destroy cancer cells.
5. Another surgery includes cryosurgery, in which liquid nitrogen is used to freeze and kill cancer cells.
Some of the drugs given for penile cancer are as follows-
6. Docetaxel etc.
Changes in skin thickness or color,A rash or small crusty bumps on your penis; it can look like an unhealed scab,Growths that look bluish-brown,A lump on your penis,A bad-smelling discharge underneath your foreskin,A sore on your penis, which may bleed,Swelling at the end of your penis,Lumps under the skin of your groin
Squamous cell or epidermoid carcinoma,Sarcoma,Melanoma,Basal cell carcinoma
Surgery,Cryotherapy- to freeze and destroy cancerous tissue,Mohs surgery- removal of the affected skin one layer at a time until they reach healthy tissue,Laser therapy to cut and destroy areas that contain cancer,Circumcision- to remove your foreskin